The Puget Sound Salmon Enhancement & Harvest Association was incorporated on January 22nd, 2010 with the express purpose of saving the existing runs of Pacific salmon in the Puget Sound, and for finding ways to increase those runs through enhancement programs. We believe that all communities in the Puget Sound stand to benefit from robust salmon runs.
The beneficiaries of our efforts would include recreational and commercial fishermen, Tribal fishing communities, tourism businesses, industry suppliers, and other members of the general public. In addition, we genuinely hope to support other wild species that feed on salmon, especially endangered species such as the Orcas and bald eagles.
PSSEHA has been granted tax-exempt status by the IRS, and we humbly accept the challenge to provide an activity for the public welfare worthy of this grant.
- Current board members (as of December, 2011):
- Randy Babich - Trader Bay, Ltd., Gig Harbor, WA
- Doug Chaney - Franco Fish Co., Tacoma, WA (Secretary/Treasurer)
- Mike Forbush - Ocean Beauty Inc., Seattle, WA
- David Lawler, Ketchikan, AK
- Salvatore Papetti, Bellingham, WA
- Paul Matson, Seattle, WA (President)
- Paul Troka, Concrete, WA
Industry At Large:
- Will Roehl, Bellingham, WA